I am an R&D engineer working in the field of Model Driven Engineering (MDE) for the AtlanMod research team with particular focuses on:
- The development and application of MDE techniques in industrial scenarios (model driven reverse engineering, tool interoperability, enterprise architecture, etc.)
- The dissemination and/or industrialization of corresponding research results and prototypes (e.g. technology transfer to companies).
Since several years, I am active in the Eclipse open source community as the leader of the MoDisco project, a committer on the EMF Facet project and a regular user of EMF, ATL and other Eclipse Modeling projects.
I am also a regular conference speaker, notably at the Eclipse Community major events which are EclipseCon (North America), EclipseCon Europe and EclipseCon France, as well as an organizer of DemoCamps (in Nantes) for the yearly Eclipse Simultaneous Releases.
Constantly interacting with the team’s partner companies within the context of different collaborative actions and projects, I have also published and presented more than 20 papers in various international journals, conferences and workshops around MDE and its applications.
I have a permanent position in the team, funded by an Ecole des Mines de Nantes (Mines Nantes) contract.
AtlanMod Team (Inria, Mines Nantes, LINA) - Room B206 Ecole des Mines de Nantes 4, rue Alfred Kastler 44307 Nantes Cedex 3 - France
office +33 (0)2 51 85 82 21 EMail: hugo.bruneliere AT inria.fr, hugo.bruneliere AT mines-nantes.fr
Talks & Publications
- Hugo Bruneliere and Jordi Cabot. On Developing Open Source MDE Tools: Our Eclipse Stories and Lessons Learned. In Open Source Software for Model Driven Engineering (OSS4MDE'14) workshop - a MODELS 2014 Satellite Event, Valencia, Spain, September 28, 2014.
- Andreas Menychtas, Kleopatra Konstanteli, Juncal Alonso, Leire Orue-Echevarria, Jesus Gorronogoitia, George Kousiouris, Christina Santzaridou, Hugo Bruneliere, Bram Pellens, Peter Stuer, Oliver Strauss, Tatiana Senkova and Theodora Varvarigou. Software modernization and cloudification using the ARTIST migration methodology and framework. In Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience 15, 2 (2014), pp 131-152, 2014
- Hugo Bruneliere, Amine Benelallam. Neo4EMF : when big models are no longer an issue. In EclipseCon France 2014 - Ignite Talks, Toulouse, France, June 18, 2014
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Grégoire Dupé and Frédéric Madiot. MoDisco: a Model Driven Reverse Engineering Framework. In Information and Software Technology 56 (2014), doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2014.04.007, pp 1012-1032, 2014
- Hugo Bruneliere and Juan David Villa Calle. EMF Views: Dealing with several interrelated EMF models. In EclipseCon North America 2014 - Modeling Symposium, San Francisco, California, U.S.A., March 19, 2014
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Stéphane Drapeau, Flavien Somda, William Piers, Juan David Villa Calle and Jean-Christophe Lafaurie. Un support IDM pour l'architecture d'entreprise dans un contexte industriel : l'exemple du framework TEAP. In Génie Logiciel n°107, pp 33-38, , December 2013.
- Hugo Bruneliere (on behalf of Camilo Alvarez, Javier Canovas, Jordi Cabot). EMF-REST: EMF Models as REST APIs. In EclipseCon Europe 2013 - Modeling Symposium, Ludwigsburg, Germany, October 29, 2013
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Stéphane Drapeau, Flavien Somda, William Piers, Juan David Villa Calle and Jean-Christophe Lafaurie. MDE Support for Enterprise Architecture in an Industrial Context: the TEAP Framework Experience. In TowArds the Model DrIveN Organization (AMINO 2013) workshop - a MODELS 2013 Satellite Event, Miami, Florida, U.S.A., September 29, 2013.
- Andreas Menychtas, Christina Santzaridou, George Kousiouris, Theodora Varvarigou, Leire Orue-Echevarria, Juncal Alonso, Jesus Gorronogoitia, Hugo Bruneliere, Oliver Strauss, Tatiana Senkova, Bram Pellens and Peter Stuer. ARTIST Methodology and Framework: a Novel Approach for the Migration of Legacy Software on the Cloud. In 2nd Workshop on Management of resources and services In Cloud And Sky computing (MICAS 2013), Timisoara, Romania, September 23, 2013.
- Hugo Bruneliere. Introducing Collaboro: Collaborative DSL/DSML Definition. In EclipseCon France 2013 - Ignite Talks, Toulouse, France, June 5, 2013
- Alexander Bergmayr, Hugo Bruneliere, Javier Luis Canovas Izquierdo, Jesus Gorronogoitia, George Kousiouris, Dimosthenis Kyriazis, Philip Langer, Andreas Menychtas, Leire Orue-Echevarria, Clara Pezuela and Manuel Wimmer. Migrating Legacy Software to the Cloud with ARTIST. In 17th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering - European Projects Track, Genova, Italy, March 5–8, 2013.
- Andrés Vignaga, Frédéric Jouault, María Cecilia Bastarrica, and Hugo Bruneliere. Typing Artifacts in Megamodeling. In Journal on Software and System Modeling (Springer), Volume 12 Issue 1, February 2013
- Hugo Bruneliere. Collaboro - Community driven language development. In EclipseCon Europe 2012 - Modeling Symposium, Ludwigsburg, Germany, October 23, 2012
- Hugo Bruneliere. Eclipse Labs for improving DSL development. In Eclipse DemoCamp Juno 2012 - Nantes, Nantes, France, June 28, 2012
- Hugo Bruneliere and Philip Langer. You need to extend your models? EMF Facet vs. EMF Profiles. In EclipseCon North America 2012 - Modeling Symposium, Reston, Virginia, U.S.A., March 26, 2012
- Hugo Brunelière, Jordi Cabot and Grégoire Dupé. How to Deal with your IT Legacy? What is Coming up in MoDisco. In ERCIM News 88 - Special Theme: Evolving Software, pages 43-44, January 2012
- Hugo Bruneliere. An Open Source-Based Approach for Industrializing Research Tools. In OW2Con 2011 - Session "Open Source Innovation Catalyst", Paris - Issy les Moulineaux, France, November 24, 2011
- Hugo Bruneliere and Grégoire Dupé. Virtual EMF - Transparent Composition, Weaving and Linking of Models. In EclipseCon Europe 2011, Ludwigsburg, Germany, November 2, 2011
- Hugo Bruneliere. How to Deal with your IT Legacy? Reverse Engineering using Models - MoDisco in a Nutshell!. In JavaTech Journal #10 - Eclipse Indigo, pages 21-24, August 2011
- Hugo Bruneliere. MoDisco & ATL. In Eclipse DemoCamp Indigo 2011 - Nantes, Nantes, France, June 30, 2011
- Frédéric Madiot and Hugo Bruneliere. Spy On Your Models. In EclipseCon 2011, Santa Clara, California, U.S.A., March 21-24, 2011
- Andrés Vignaga, Frédéric Jouault, María Cecilia Bastarrica, and Hugo Bruneliere. Typing Artifacts in Megamodeling. In Journal on Software and System Modeling (Springer), Volume 10 Number 1 - Special Section, February 2011
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Frédéric Jouault, and Frédéric Madiot. MoDisco: a Generic and Extensible Framework for Model Driven Reverse Engineering. In In proceedings of the 25th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2010), Tools Session, pages 173-174, Antwerp, Belgium, September 20-24, 2010
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Frédéric Jouault, Massimo Tisi, and Jean Bézivin. Industrialization of Research Tools: the ATL Case. In Third International Workshop on Academic Software Development Tools and Techniques - WASDeTT-3 (co-located with ASE 2010), Antwerp, Belgium, September 20, 2010
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Cauê Clasen, Frédéric Jouault, and Jean Bézivin. Towards Model Driven Tool Interoperability: Bridging Eclipse and Microsoft Modeling Tools. In In proceedings of the Sixth European Conference on Modelling Foundations and Applications (ECMFA 2010), pages 32-47, Paris, France, June 15-18, 2010
- Jean Bézivin, Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, Guillaume Doux, Frédéric Jouault, and Jean-Sébastien Sottet. Model Driven Tool Interoperability in Practice. In Third Workshop on Model-Driven Tool & Process Integration (co-located with ECMFA 2010), Paris, France, June 16, 2010
- Vincent Mahé, Hugo Bruneliere, Frédéric Jouault, Jean Bézivin, and Jean Pierre Talpin. Model Driven Interoperablility of Dependencies Visualization. In Third Workshop on Model-Driven Tool & Process Integration (co-located with ECMFA 2010), Paris, France, June 16, 2010
- Hugo Bruneliere, Jordi Cabot, and Frédéric Jouault. Combining Model-Driven Engineering and Cloud Computing. In Modeling, Design, and Analysis for the Service Cloud - MDA4ServiceCloud'10: Workshop's Fourth edition (co-located with ECMFA 2010), Paris, France, June 15, 2010
- Gabriel Barbier, Hugo Bruneliere, Frédéric Jouault, Yves Lennon, and Frédéric Madiot. MoDisco, a Model-Driven Platform to Support Real Legacy Modernization Use Cases. In Book chapter in "Information Systems Transformation: Architecture-Driven Modernization Case Studies", The Morgan Kaufmann/OMG Press, pages 365-400, ISBN 978-0-12-374913-0, March 2010
- Hugo Bruneliere and Frédéric Madiot. How to Deal With Your IT Legacy? Reverse Engineering with MoDisco.... In EclipseCon 2010, Santa Clara, California, U.S.A., March 22-25, 2010
- Frédéric Jouault, Bert Vanhooff, Hugo Bruneliere, Guillaume Doux, Yolande Berbers, and Jean Bezivin. Inter-DSL Coordination Support by Combining Megamodeling and Model Weaving. In Special Track on the Coordination Models, Languages and Applications at the 25th Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2010), Sierre, Switzerland, March 22-26, 2010
- Frédéric Jouault and Hugo Bruneliere. Possible Benefits of Bridging Eclipse-EMF & Microsoft "Oslo". In Eclipse Summit Europe 2009, Ludwigsburg, Germany, October 27-29, 2009
- Vincent Mahé, Frédéric Jouault, and Hugo Bruneliere. Megamodeling Software Platforms: Automated Discovery of Usable Cartography from Available Metadata. In International Workshop on Reverse Engineering Models from Software Artifacts - R.E.M. 2009 (co-located with WCRE 2009), pages 29-32, Lille, France, October 15, 2009
- Andrés Vignaga and Frédéric Jouault and Maria Cecilia Bastarrica and Hugo Bruneliere. Typing in Model Management. In International Conference on Model Transformation (ICMT 2009), pages 197-212, Zurich, Switzerland, June 29-30, 2009
- Mathias Fritzsche, Hugo Brunelière, Bert Vanhooff, Yolande Berbers, Frederic Jouault, and Wasif Gilani. Applying Megamodelling to Model-Driven Performance Engineering. In 16th IEEE International Conference and Workshop on the Engineering of Computer Based Systems (ECBS 2009), San Fransisco, California, U.S.A., April 13-16, 2009
- Vegard Dehlen, Frédéric Madiot, and Hugo Brunelière. Representing Legacy System Interoperability by Extending IKDM. In Proceedings of the Model-driven Modernization of Software Systems Workshop - MMSS 2008 (co-located with ECMDA 2008), Berlin, Germany, June 9, 2008
- Jean Bézivin, Hugo Brunelière, Freddy Allilaire, Mikaël Barbero, Marcos Didonet Del Fabro, and Frédéric Jouault. MDA Tool Capabilities. In Request for Information (Miscellaneous publication), Object Management Group, 2007
- Éric Vépa, Jean Bézivin, Hugo Brunelière, and Frédéric Jouault. Measuring Model Repositories. In Proceedings of the Model Size Metrics Workshop at the MoDELS/UML 2006 conference, Genoava, Italy, October 2006
- Freddy Allilaire, Jean Bézivin, Hugo Brunelière, and Frédéric Jouault. Global Model Management In Eclipse GMT/AM3. In Proceedings of the Eclipse Technology eXchange workshop - eTX (co-located with ECOOP 2006), Nantes, France, July 4, 2006
- Jean Bézivin, Régis Chevrel, Hugo Brunelière, Albin Jossic, Frédéric Jouault, and William Piers. ModelExtractor: an Automatic Parametric Model Extractor. In International Workshop on Object-Oriented Reengineering (WOOR) (co-located with ECOOP 2006), Nantes, France, 2006
- Jean Bézivin, Hugo Brunelière, Frédéric Jouault, and Ivan Kurtev. Model Engineering Support for Tool Interoperability.. In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop in Software Model Engineering (WiSME 2005), Montego Bay, Jamaica, October 3, 2005